DE-PASS Training Schools
COST Actions can share knowledge and support collaboration also through Training Schools. DE-PASS Training Schools aim to facilitate capacity building on specific topics relevant to the DE-PASS COST Action through the delivery of intensive training on a new or emerging subject.
Training Schools offer familiarisation with unique software, equipment or expertise and are typically, although not exclusively, considered to be for the benefit of ECI and PhD students.
DE-PASS Training School Co-ordinator:
Proposed DE-PASS Training Schools within the COST Action DE-PASS MoU
- Consensus, concept mapping and best evidence statement (BESt) methodologies (June to September 30th 2021 – Closed)
- Research harmonisation and designs, challenges and opportunities, FAIR principles, data collection, integration, linkage and federated analysis procedures (February 2022: Registration dates to be announced)
- Optimal prediction of physical activities behaviours – applying advanced statistical techniques to determinant profile data (To be announced)
- Best evidence knowledge translation to physical activity behaviour intervention and policy design (To be announced)
- Measuring physical activity behaviour determinant profiles using validated methodologies and best evidence (To be announced)
DE-PASS Training School 1: June 23rd – September 30th 2021 (VIRTUAL)
“Consensus, concept mapping and best evidence statement (BESt) methodologies” (DE-PASS Training School 1). The TS will develop capacity and competencies related to the overarching theme. The Training School comprised of four related events, which occurred between June 23rd and September 30th 2021. The overarching theme was “Consensus, concept mapping and best evidence statement (BESt) methodologies”.
Target Participants: DE-PASS participants and Early Career Researchers especially members of WG 2 and Deliverables 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5
Title: Defining, searching and analysing best evidence using SLRs, Meta-analysis and Realist Synthesis – intersecting methodologies and theory.
Date: 23rd June.
Presenter/s: Prof Caterina Pesce, Chair Prof Laura Capranica.
Structure: Webinar, plenary and breakout rooms.
Title: Using online tools to support the implementation of a Systematic Literature Review/Meta-Analysis. Covidence + Risk of Bias.
Date: 30th August.
Presenter/s: Prof Laura Capranica and Dr. Simone Ciaccioni.
Structure: Plenary, Tutorial, Breakout Room.
Concept Mapping Webinar.
Title: Application and Implementation of Group Concept Mapping Technique.
Presenter: Concept Systems Inc.
Date: 23rd September
Structure: Webinar, plenary and breakout rooms
Concept Mapping Tutorial.
Title: Implementation, analysis and outputs pertaining to Group Concept Mapping.
Presenter: Concept Systems Inc.
Date: 30th September.
Structure: Interactive Tutorial.
Blogs About Training School 1
DE-PASS Training School 2
“Research harmonisation and designs, challenges and opportunities, FAIR principles, data collection, integration, linkage and federated analysis procedures”
WG Coordinators: Eco de Geus, Hidde van der Ploeg
Structure: 3 Day Training School. Mixture of lectures, practical sessions. Hybrid (face-to-face and virtual interaction)
Provisional Date: February 2022
More Details and Registration dates to be announced